ADB Scholarship to Study in New Zealand 2023 | Fully Sponsored –
Asian Development Bank Scholarship Program (ADB) is a Fully funded scholarship program funded by the Japan Government.
There are committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate poverty.
The Asian Development Scholarship funds around 300 students from Asia and Pacific countries to pursue Master’s Degree programs in the universities specified by the ADB located in 9 countries.
ADB promotes you to participate in the fields of economics, management sciences, technology, law and public policy, and other developmental fields.
Aims to uplift developing countries by investing in their human capital and enabling them to contribute to their home countries.
Subjects: Public Health
· Environmental Science
· International Business
Grants: University full tuition fee will be provided. The Government of Japan supports the grant.
- Airfare from the applicant’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- The basic cost of living.
- Health and medical insurance will be covered.
- A special grant will be available for scholars engaged in research.
List of Available Study Fields:
Here are list of Universities of ADB Scholarship offering following Fields of Study to get Postgraduate degree from New Zealand.
- Business Administration and Management
- Economics and Development Studies
- Master of International Business
- Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical)
- Environmental Science and Management
- Health Sciences
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Public Policy
- Social Sciences
- Information Technology and Computer Science
Eligibility: Applicant must be a national of an ADB member country.
- The applicant must be a national of ADB Member Countries.
- A bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent with an excellent academic record.
- Applicants must have worked full-time for at least 2 years
- Any candidate must be proficient in oral and written English communication skills.
- Applicant must be under 35 years old at the time of application, In exceptional cases, the age limit is 45 years.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned.
- Staff of JSP-designated institutions can’t apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree program or who have already completed graduate degree program
- Undergraduate studies, distance learning program, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
List of Eligible Countries:
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
Benefits of ADB Scholarships to Study in New Zealand
The ADB Scholarships to Study in New Zealand provide many benefits to successful applicants.
1. Full Tuition Fees
The ADB scholarship covers full tuition fees for the duration of your study program. This includes all compulsory academic fees such as tuition, course-related field trips, and expenses for research projects.
2. Living Allowance
The scholarship also provides a living allowance to assist with living expenses such as rent, food, and transportation. The living allowance amount depends on the city and institution you will attend.
3. Travel Expenses
Recipients are provided economy class airfare to and from New Zealand at the start and end of your scholarship period. Local travel within New Zealand related to your study program is also covered.
4. Medical and Accident Insurance
Scholarship recipients are provided basic medical insurance for the duration of their study in New Zealand. This covers accident and emergency services as well as hospitalization. Some pre-existing conditions may not be included. You are advised to also obtain full personal medical insurance to cover non-emergency care.
5. Visa Fees
The ADB scholarship covers the cost of a student visa for New Zealand for the award recipient only. Family members are not included.
Also, see: Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
Universities in New Zealand Accepting ADB Scholars
Here are ADB Scholarships, you must apply and be accepted into a university in New Zealand. The following institutions are among those that accept ADB scholars:
University of Auckland
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s largest university, ranked among the top 100 universities worldwide. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across faculties of Arts, Business and Economics, Creative Arts and Industries, Education and Social Work, Engineering, Law, Medical and Health Sciences, and Science.
University of Otago
The University of Otago is New Zealand’s oldest university, established in 1869. It has over 21,000 students across its Dunedin, Christchurch and Wellington campuses.
It is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide, offering over 200 undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Business, Health Sciences, Humanities, and Sciences.
Victoria University of Wellington
Victoria University of Wellington is a prestigious university located in the capital city of Wellington. It is ranked among the top 200 universities worldwide, offering over 60 programs in Architecture and Design, Education, Engineering, Health, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, and Science. Victoria University has a long-standing partnership with the ADB.
The University of Canterbury is located in Christchurch, a beautiful garden city in the South Island of New Zealand.
It offers over 150 programs in Arts, Business and Law, Education, Health and Science, Engineering, and Product Design. The University of Canterbury is ranked among the top 300 universities worldwide.
Check with the universities for their specific entry criteria, English language proficiency, and application deadlines to prepare a strong application.
The ADB Scholarship is highly competitive, so having an early and well-prepared application can increase your chances of being selected.
ADB scholarship to study in new Zealand 2023 fully sponsored form
To apply for the ADB Scholarships to Study in New Zealand 2023, you will need to submit an online application. The application process includes the following steps:
Gather the Required Documents
You will need to provide certified copies of several documents, including:
- Your national ID card or passport
- Your academic transcripts and certificates
- Two academic recommendation letters from your professors
- A personal statement outlining your study and career goals
Complete the Online Application
You will need to complete an online application form on the official ADB website. The application will require you to provide details such as:
- Your personal information like name, date of birth, contact details, etc.
- Your educational qualifications and employment details
- Your proposed study program and preferred universities in New Zealand
- Answers to essay questions on your motivations, objectives, and career goals