2024 Top Scholarships for Lesbian People-
Scholarships for Lesbians is a platform that supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.
While LGBTQ+ scholarships are relatively common in some countries, such as the US, they’re rare or unheard of in other countries.
Several national scholarships are offered for LGBT Students. Please visit the pages below for details on applications, deadlines, and eligibility.
Point Foundation Scholarships
platform that provides scholarships and vital support for LGBTQ students
2. National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association’s (NLGJA) Leroy F. Aarons Scholarship Award
NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ+ Journalists partnered with The Philadelphia Foundation (TPF), a community foundation established in 1918, to administer the NLGJA Student Scholarship Fund.
Who Can Apply
- Current or incoming undergrad students enrolled in a U.S. community college or four-year university. Proof of acceptance or current enrollment is required.
- Current or incoming graduate students enrolled in an accredited journalism or mass communications field. Proof of acceptance or current enrollment is required.
How to Apply
A complete application package should be submitted electronically. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application packages should include:
- Five work samples as described under work samples.
- Proof of attendance: a letter of acceptance or a letter of enrollment from a U.S. community college or four-year university (contact [email protected] for exceptions).
- Official transcript, scanned digital copies accepted. Please mail physical copies to
3. PFLAG Scholarship Program
PFLAG is the nation’s largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and those who love them.
Founded in 1973, PFLAG is the first and largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and their families.
We are excited to announce that our organization is granting scholarships to vulnerable girls. These scholarships will help girls who are facing financial hardship to continue their education.
To be eligible for an PFLAG scholarship, you must be:
- Be enrolled in a full-time high school or college program
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have a strong academic record
- Be a role model and leader in their community
How to Apply for a Scholarship
To apply for a scholarship, please visit our website and submit an application. Applications must be submitted by the deadline of March 1, 2023.
We are grateful for your support of our scholarship program. Together, we can help girls reach their full potential and build a better future for themselves and their communities.
4. Fund for Education Abroad Rainbow Scholarship
Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) is to provide scholarships and ongoing support to students with financial needs who are underrepresented among the U.S. study-abroad population.
FEA makes life-changing, international experiences accessible to all by supporting students of color, community college, and first-generation college students before, during, and after they participate in education abroad programs.
U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or DACA recipient. Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a U.S. institution of higher education (graduate students are not eligible) Receiving credit at your home institution for the study abroad program.