Top Scholarships for Orphans
The journey is already hard for students with parents; how much more for orphans? Being an orphan doesn’t automatically mean you can’t study and be great; of course, you can, thanks to organizations that understood that and created an opportunity for orphans to study debt-free.
Types of Scholarships Available for Orphans
Yes, there are different types of scholarships for orphans, each with their own merits and criteria. While some are offered by the government, others are sponsored by private organizations or charitable foundations. Now it is important to explore each and every one of these scholarships for deep insights.
1. Merit-based scholarships
Merit-based scholarships are awarded to orphan students based on their academic achievements and potential. These scholarships recognize and reward exceptional academic performance, providing financial support to pursue higher education.
2. Need-based scholarships
Need-based scholarships are designed for orphan students who demonstrate financial need. These scholarships consider the socio-economic background of the student, ensuring that financial constraints do not hinder their educational journey.
3. Specialized scholarships
Some scholarships cater to specific fields of study, such as science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) or the arts. These specialized scholarships are aimed at nurturing talent in particular areas and providing opportunities for orphan students to excel in their chosen fields.
Top Scholarships for Orphans
There are some notable scholarships, which we will help you explore for better insights and opportunities.
1. The Orphan Education Foundation Scholarship
Based on merit, orphans are empowered and given the tools to succeed. This scholarship covers tuition fees, books, and other educational expenses. To be eligible, students must demonstrate outstanding academic performance and financial need.
2. The Hope for Orphans Scholarship
The Hope for Orphans Scholarship is a needs-based scholarship that focuses on supporting orphan students in their educational pursuits.
This scholarship brings hope to the recipients as the doors of opportunity are opened that have otherwise remained shut. A meaningful, marketable skill will enable the student to return to Huruma and serve at the children’s orphanage, giving back to the orphanage that has given so freely to him/her.
It costs approximately $2000 annually per student to attend college. Donations of any amount may be made to the Hope and Service Scholarship Fund. 100% of every donation is used for the education and personal upkeep of the recipient. There are currently 16 students enrolled in college. The next class of high school students finishes in November.
This scholarship provides financial assistance to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other educational necessities. Eligibility criteria include financial need and a strong commitment to academic excellence.
Eligibility Criteria for These Scholarships
Now while this scholarship eligibility criteria varies from scholarship to another there are major, common criteria one must meet in order to apply for this scholarship and they are:
- Orphan or ward of the state
- Demonstrated financial need
- Academic achievements and potential
- Strong commitment to education
- Involvement in extracurricular activities or community service
Application Process for the Scholarships
Also, the process varies but like we said earlier, there are crucial steps one must take for application and these are:
- Research and identify scholarships: Start by researching the scholarships available for orphans and determine which ones align with your goals and aspirations.
- Gather necessary documents: Collect all the required documents, such as academic transcripts, recommendation letters, and proof of financial need.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the application form with accurate and detailed information. Pay close attention to the instructions and ensure that you provide all the necessary information.
- Write a compelling essay: Many scholarships require applicants to write an essay or personal statement. Take this opportunity to showcase your unique story, aspirations, and how receiving the scholarship would impact your life.
- Submit the application: Double-check all the documents and ensure that you have completed the application accurately. Submit the application before the deadline through the specified method (online, mail, etc.).
Check Dollar(USD) to Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today!