UAB USA Scholarships 2023-2024 | Fully Sponsored-
Available for International Students from the USA University of Alabama of Birmingham offers scholarships to international students looking to enroll in any degree-granting program within their home nation and has offered admission opportunities with UAB since 1975, giving many an opportunity of winning awards from this renowned academic institution.
UAB International Scholarship, valued at US $7,500 annually and offered to full-time first-year enrolled students can provide US $12,500 of aid each year to qualified individuals who enroll as full-time first-year students at UAB. Applicants must have graduated from secondary or high school (up to two years prior) with minimum points average of 3.0/4.0 for eligibility consideration.
University: University of Alabama at Birmingham
Scholarship Value: $7,500
Program: First cycle
Nationality: All international
Benefits of the UAB USA Scholarships 2023-2024:
The UAB International Scholarship is open to freshmen only (only freshmen are eligible).
The UAB International Baccalaureate Scholarship is exclusively for freshmen (Freshmen Only). High school students with an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply to be considered eligible for the four-year IB program.
Scholarship through joint BSMART application, answer additional questions related to IB . Diploma
Award Nominees Eligible by March 1, if so selected, will initially receive $1,000 per year; if their IB scores pass, they may also be eligible for the IB Degree Holders Scholarship ($2,500 per year).
The Teacher Education Aid for College and Higher Education (TEACH) provides funding for undergraduate and graduate students majoring in areas of high teacher shortage such as science, math or world languages - this is also intended to prepare future educators. In addition, special training courses help participants become qualified educators. Eligible students must meet the following criteria: Be registered with UAB’s free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) and be eligible for the Federal Student Aid Grant. Meet the academic criteria required for a TEACH grant; e.g. score equal to or higher than the 75th percentile on any college admissions test or have a minimum GPA of 3.25; Agree to work full-time for at least four years as an instructor with highly sought-after expertise in an in-demand field. Eligible students can receive up to $4,000 per year through TEACH funding (or $2,000 per semester).
UAB received the Parent in School Child Care Accessibility Services (CCAMPIS) grant from the U.S. Department of Education to help low-income college students who need childcare assistance during their graduation. Applications will be screened based on need and financial ability – however, not all applicants may be accepted due to limited funds.
Pell Scholarships are offered to undergraduate students without a bachelor’s degree.
As of July 1, 2012, students enrolled full-time will have only six years to qualify for the Pell Grant through full-time enrollment. The calculation of eligibility will take into account each year a student participates in Pell Grants; remaining eligibility can be found through the National Student Loan Data System.
Eligibility Criteria for UAB USA Scholarships 2023-2024:
UAB scholarships for international students require applicants to meet certain eligibility requirements to be considered; see the list below:
- Applications must be from international students accepted into undergraduate programs at universities abroad. Applications will be assessed on academic merit.
- Honors students enrolled full-time during the scholarship period will be eligible.
- Admission applicants must hold a high school diploma or equivalent and demonstrate strong commitment, responsibility and organizational ability in addition to excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An offer to study full-time at the University of Birmingham must be obtained before applying for the USA Study Abroad Scholarship funding.
- Selection criteria are determined based on merit and evidence of leadership, as well as English language prerequisites. Each applicant must present proof that they meet the UAB’s minimum English proficiency requirements.
Procedure to apply for the UAB USA Scholarships 2023-2024:
- Apply online: There are two methods you can apply online through UAB; (1) through organization-specific applications or (2) general applications. To be considered for UAB:
While an incomplete application will not be considered;
- Fee waivers may also be available; The $40 application fee must be paid by credit/debit card or the fee will be waived.
- Official high school transcripts; Your authentic ACT or SAT test scores:
Test scores submitted directly to the ACT or College Board are considered official scores for admissions purposes and must appear on official high school transcripts, either directly through their website, or both.