University of Toronto Lester Pearson Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
The University of Toronto Lester Pearson Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is ready to welcome and grant scholarships to ambitious, hardworking students who want to further their studies abroad.
Established in 1827, the University of Toronto is Canada’s largest university and is recognized as a global leader in research and teaching. U of T’s distinguished faculty, institutional record of groundbreaking scholarship, and wealth of innovative academic opportunities continually attract outstanding students and academics from around the world. Few other universities offer as great a diversity of programs and resources.
More about University of Toronto Lester Pearson Scholarship
U of T is committed to providing a learning experience that benefits from both a scale almost unparalleled in North America and from the close-knit learning communities made possible through its college system and academic divisions.
U of T has 700 undergraduate programs (external link) in humanities and social sciences, life sciences, physical and mathematical sciences, commerce and management, computer science, engineering, kinesiology and physical education, music, and architecture.
Located in and around Toronto, one of the world’s most diverse regions, U of T’s vibrant academic life is defined by a unique degree of cultural diversity in its learning community. The city of Toronto is rated as one of the safest large cities in the world and one of the best places to live—it’s a city that draws the best and the brightest, who come seeking world-class business, culture, and education.
Toronto hosts more than 30 major festivals and cultural events annually, has the third largest public transit system in North America, and hosts over 8000 hectares of park space. Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area is a place with changing landscapes, welcoming communities, and exciting opportunities.
The University of Toronto Scholarship (Lester B. Pearson Award) is awarded annually or every year. These scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
About the Scholarship
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counselor about being nominated. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholars are students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity, who are accepted as leaders within their school, and who have the potential to contribute to the global community in the future. They can be distinguished from other students who may have equally high academic results by their breadth of interest, intellectual energy, and impact on the life of their school and community.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
The 2024 Competition opens in September 2023. To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to apply to participate in our program, available here. (external link) High schools that have participated in a previous year will receive their nomination access starting in early September.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in September 2024 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application. You will receive a private link to the scholarship application when you are successfully nominated by your school.
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2023
- Student OUAC admission application deadline: December 15, 2023 (Please note this is the final date to apply to the OUAC; although you can apply up to December 15, 2023, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC as soon as possible. The recommended date to apply for admission is before November 7, 2023, as spaces in programs fill up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2024
Academic Integrity Notice
The use of generative artificial intelligence (AI) tools, such as ChatGPT and other AI applications, is prohibited when creating content for any University of Toronto undergraduate award application. Students and applicants found to have used generative AI (e.g., ChatGPT) to create content that is presented as their ideas will be disqualified from award eligibility. This prohibited use of generative AI for content creation will be considered an academic offense.
Please note that the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto does not interact with agencies or educational “agents” to recruit students or offer scholarships. Please be cautioned against any agents providing false acceptances or requiring fees for unaffiliated third parties. Pearson Scholarship recipients can only be nominated by their current secondary school through our online process, and the scholarship is available only to undergraduate degree applicants. If you have any questions, please contact the school.Check Dollar(USD) to Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today!